Chicken Enchilada Crockpot Soup (a recipe given to me by a friend)
- 1 pound shredded, cooked chicken- (to save even more time - cook in the crockpot overnight, with some salsa, so it would be done in the morning, to add the rest of the stuff.
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced peeled tomatoes,
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn-(or canned if what is in the cupboard)
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
Directions Place chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, green chiles, and garlic into a slow cooker. Pour in water and chicken broth, and season with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Stir in corn and cilantro. Cover, and cook on Low setting for 6 to 8 hours or on High setting for 3 to 4 hours.
Top with cheddar cheese and crunch chips.
It's what's for dinner - TONIGHT!